Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Other Interesting Blog Sites

I came across a blog site that I found interesting.
The site is http://monicajackson.com/2005
It's easy to navigate and I like the graphics at the top of the page, however the author's name is in white and makes it a little difficult to see. The author, Monica Jackson has some of the books that she's written flashing across on the top right hand side of the page. It helps newcomers become familiar with some of the work she's done. She has some links on her page geared for people interested in publishing as well as links for avid readers. I felt comfortable with much of the content which involved ethnic or racial issues - African-American. And although it was commentary, I thought there was humor and realism in what the posts were about. I wouldn't say its the best blog site I've seen, but then after much time searching on the internet, I wonder how many good ones are out there.

Here's one more blog site. It's http://literarysoapbox.blogspot.com/
I liked the concept behind it - the idea of offering reviews, sharing opinions, and dialogue in regards to the African-American book industry. I would guess that there aren't many blog sites dedicated to this topic. I found the site to be lacking content. I was excited when i found it but it didn't meet my expectations. I was disappointed. The last post was done on May 11, 2009. I guess I could say something positive such as I like the look of the page: black screen, simple and not too busy on the eyes, use of color, suggestions on the right side for recent releases in African-American fiction, and the title of the page. Other than that, there's not too much to say.

I would like to say that it's a time consuming process of searching for really good blog sites. I was getting frustrated after a while...my search continutes but just not anymore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment