Monday, February 1, 2010

I am blogging and am not sure where to start or what to say. It's my second blog entry and this is a new experience for me - being so candid for the public to see. But here I go...Yesterday I began writing a novel that had been in my thoughts and in my heart for quite a while now. I started the way I used to when I was young, with a sharpened pencil and black and white composition book. It was so familiar and comfortable and although it took me numerous attempts at putting the first sentence on paper, I had started. I was so excited!!! My goal is to consistently work on my novel every day and not let it sit for weeks at a time with no progress. It would be nice to get at least a few pages done each day but it will be difficult with my busy schedule. I am a mother and a wife, work full time, and attend evening classes twice a week. But I am not complaining, believe me. There is a way to get things done and I just have not found it yet. Sometimes I feel like I am steadily trying to catch up and there is not enough time in the day. With the snow storm over this past weekend, it would have been nice to sleep in since my daughter had a two hour delay for school. But I couldn't sleep in, I had a meeting at work. So I woke up and did my usual routine - calling out several times to my daughter to get up, making sure lunch is packed, dog taken out and fed, breakfast on the go, and of course my cup of coffee that I look forward to each morning. Then I drive to drop my daughter off, hugging and kissing her goodbye and wishing her a good day. And off to work I go...I wouldn't mind another day or two of snow just so that I could rest and relax, breathe and take time to focus on family and "me" time. Being snowed in with movies and snacks, books, and a pencil, and my black and white compostion book isn't a bad way to spend my time; away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life where work is weary and filled with fake smiles, deadlines, bad attitudes, personalities that clash, mandates, and everything else that gets on a person's nerves. Thank God they're calling for snow tomorrow night : )

No comments:

Post a Comment